Pleased Monday! We’re back with 10 things! So, the 1st 10 random stream of consciousness issues as they appear to thoughts today–ready–go!
10 Issues 10.31
1. We’re heading trick or treating with buddies tonight!
(Our initially time trick or managing, obviously June was far too youthful final 12 months!) Not sure if the rain will keep off or how prolonged we will previous. June has both a bat and a bunny costume–here’s a photograph of her bat costume higher than. 🥰 We might modify into the bunny later–we shall see!
2. A sweet pal dropped off two candles from this area Chicago candle organization (she’s on Etsy!) as a gift–the “Midwest” (like a pumpkin-y vanilla scent) and “Provence” (amber + lavender) and they scent Awesome.
They are nontoxic produced of coconut wax and $30 each individual. I like them. Thank you, Deb! Also, you ought to abide by Deb’s property Instagram account–it’s SO beautiful!
3. On remaining a guardian and journey:
I have traveled really a bit without June because starting to be a mom and was reminded of 1 of the finest parts of currently being a mum or dad returning household from Lisbon: you’re by no means unhappy to come household from vacation anymore. As somebody who would always get unfortunate at the tail-finish of a journey for the reason that it was nearly more than, it is genuinely pleasant to be similarly as energized to come house to see your infant as you had been to go on trip in the 1st place!
4. Speaking of, I know I just obtained dwelling but the impending drizzly weather has me itching to approach a vacation to Florida.
We ordinarily always go to Ft. Lauderdale and hoping to sneak down there at least after before our journey in the spring. We’re arranging to do the exact same issue we did final year in leasing a close friends condo for the month of March (splitting time with Neal’s parents—so we’d consider two weeks and they’ll consider two months or a little something along these strains). Fingers crossed we can get there in December or January nevertheless. (FYI, the Hilton suitable on the beach front is really household helpful, we’ve stayed there a pair situations!)
5. One of my preferred foods in Lisbon was this Greek restaurant that has me craving Greek meals, so Greek hen bowls have been in the rotation a great deal these days!
June enjoys them far too! (Very well, minus the salad portion. I can not say she’s huge on salad.)
6. Talking of Mediterranean foods, I went to Lyra for meal a couple months ago with girlfriends and it was so very good.
Remarkably really advocate if you are wanting for a wonderful place in the west loop. Its incredibly lively and fun ambiance and I assume it would be excellent for a day. There is a wine and piano bar down the street named Grapes & Grains that would be excellent for a nightcap!
7. Speaking of good dining establishments, I’m dying to get back to Armitage Alehouse.
Neal has not been however (I’ve only been when) but it is SO cool—the decor is like a gorgeous previous English pub with elevated Indian fusion food items.
8. Did you see Blondo came out with the Sierra boot in a attractive dim chocolate brown? 👀
Chocolate brown watertight suede super comfortable tall boots Certainly Remember to. (I discover them TTS. Certainly the best boots!) Also, I just realized Tuckernuck carries the Velma (quite similar model, I have owned the two more than the yrs) in chestnut tan!
9. My task for this week:
I purchased a bunch of vintage South Shore Line posters for our hallway, and I will need to get them hung! The South Shore Line is the teach that operates from Chicago to Northwest Indiana (such as Beverly Shores, exactly where Neal’s family’s lake household is!) and they created a bunch of posters to promote tourism again in the 1920’s. There are a lot of definitely awesome ones and I imagined it would be a superior use of the pretty blank area in our extensive slim hallway! (Last but not least having artwork on the partitions, you know, 6 years later on.)
10. Previous Navy came out with new “Built in Warm” jeans!!!
And they’re 30% off correct now! I Are living in these denims all through the coldest winter season months–they’re lined with a light-weight fleecy material and are so a lot warmer than typical trousers, but they really don’t make you overheat inside! I have two of their Rockstar skinny designs (which are wonderful for tall boots) but I just ordered a pair of their straight leg designs to check out, way too.